Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Time Flies!

Wow! I can't believe it's been almost 4 years since I last posted here. So much has changed. The most regretted change is that I have had to put my sailing dreams on hold. I managed to get my first two sailing certificates from US Sail and was well on the way to getting the third, but money woes got in the way.

I got back to this blog because I wanted to post a comment on SAIL magazine's blog page concerning their "Fish On" story (April 2012) and follow-up reader feedback letter (June 2012) from Dennis Wright Michaud, PhD. His letter stuck a sore nerve at the time and the follow-up letters to his (August 2012) got me to reactivate my blog account.

I am so grateful to SAIL magazine for publishing the original story. I am not an ocean sailor nor have I fished in Southern waters. So, it stands to reason that I had never heard of Ciguatera poisoning, which is what the story was about. I had no idea that some fish (caught through fishing) could cause serious illness if eaten, the exception being the Puffer fish. I will never forget this. Thank you SAIL magazine.


No comments: